Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Me, My Bike, and Lasuanne!!

The Tour de France- (which needs no Intro!!), welcomed me when I switched on the idiot's box just hoping to have some entertainment while cooking my favorite Brinjal curry! The cyclists' immortal courage reminded me Armstrong's hardcore biking experiences from It is Not About Bike (which I read long back-my summary is here). I continued the show while lunching too. After eating enough for next week, I thought of having some real-time exp of Tour de France. I chose one of the most beautiful villages, Lutry, on Geneva lakeside in the outskirts of Lausanne. Slowly i reached the nearest lake side road from my room and marched towards the destination.

Biking is not at all exhausting unless u cross the plane roads and meet the slopes of Alps!! Even a difference of 100mts of altitude sucks the calories you have been storing for the ages (I have many!!) . When I bought my bike, I was surprised to see 18 gears on it. "Do we need them?". Today, I realized that it is simply impossible to peddle without gears when you want to clear even couple of meters of height. The little slopes on the route made me to reinvent Hill climbing algorithm my prof taught me 7 years back! It is simple, keep peddling. Even though ur mind says u r exhausted, switch off suggestions from your mind and keep executing the algo. When you clear the altitude, you meet divine peace! for sure!!

I stopped at couple of ports and villages in between and finally reached the dream point! I just relaxed on one of the nicely laid banks in the lake and enjoyed with the breath taking scenery. The complete black cousins of Mount blanc in French Alps on one side, the Swiss Alps covered to every inch by green carpet on the other side, and the lake in between!!! ...Ahaaaaa! And forget about the scattered beautiful houses on the mountains. You dont dare to even blink your eyes unless you prepared to miss the beauty for a moment.

People were having lunch in personal boats right in the mid of the lake!! Ahaaaa! I envy them. After having some snacks, I took out a research paper to do some research!! Before I started reading something, I could spot a train coming on a track at unbelievable height slowly clearing n a stunning bridge with artistic beauty! "Oh God! Can I do any real research here?" I controlled my senses and read for some time! It was high time to go back!! My soul had enough taste of divine tranquility of the alps and the lake!

While coming back my player was playing Mukhesh's super hit-- "Kush Raho Har kush themarhe liye..."! Ahaaaaaaa! what a coincidence!! Yes! Poora swiss beauty mere liye hai. But how I can enjoy it other than just seeing it or taking some snaps! Did somebody invent to swallow all the beauty of the mountains and take with me forever??

Here are the photos. The site is best viewable from a comfortable chair, peace of mind, and a cup of tea!! I replaced my dead Sony with a cheap Fuji film, yet the photos are of super quality.

See you again next week!!

Finally, I felt that the weekends in swiss are no way comparable to the dull aimless weekends in 312, Kalki Gardens, Madinaguda!! Then it was for Mukhesh's "Awara hoo..Mai Awaraa hoo""!!

After returned to room, I spotted the whole route on Google Earth and it measured the total dist as 20kms!! Oh! After all it is 1/1000the of the Tour de France!!

7 comments:

known is drop unknown is ocean said...

"me my bike and lasuanne"
bike is looking nice
city is beautyfull

Kiran said...

your photos went straight on my desktop and they will stay there for some time. Yes there is something about scenic beauty. You can keep watching it and never get tired of it. There are so many aaha moments in your blog.. that I envy you..

Anonymous said...

Ahaaaaaaa! your blog is a Ahaaaaaaa and your photos are yet more Ahaaa!!

Keep the writing and keep the pics posted..Hats off!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pics ram....

Unknown said...

Adirayi. Kanee ee bike lo petrol ela postavo naaku artham kaatalla

Anonymous said...

You seem to left all your laziness and utilising all your skills in a better way...keep it up my friend.

Guess who is this?

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled. I felt as if i have been to this place. Great blog. Keep posting.