Monday, July 16, 2007

[EPFL-Student-Guide] Finding Flat

This post is part of a series of posts I did as part of student guide for new students. All the related posts to this guide can be found by tracking the label student-guide or click here

Finding a flat-- Working through agencies for finding your flat is the most difficult thing. They will take several weeks to process the applications and it is the major factor for creating lot of uncertainty. www.immostreet.ch gives all the details about vacancies. www.fmel.ch, lecazard are the students hostels and they give for phds for short term only (esp fmel). I booked one from india itself on mail in fmel and stayed there for 3 months. They ask you to pay advance too which you can arrange through your secretary. If you don't find anything, you can depend on youth hostels also- for more info..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rammohan,
why don't you mention student guide for students who are studying in swiss/epfl instead just student guide, finding flat..
if somebody is googling to get info on these things in swiss, near by your place..am not sure your blog get hit !!

So if you change names that would be better ..

Nachi said...

hi... this is nachiappan here... i have got into epfl for phd in ceramics lab, materials dept... all your posts are very useful... thanks a lot for your help... please let me know if you come across some vacancy for accommodation near epfl... i am looking out for accommodation for my stay from 1st september... thanks a lot...

nobody said...

Hii...thanks for all this info man!!
Im sure it will be useful once I reach there. Although I have got accomodation, I would like to have your email id so that we can get in touch...
Btw I am coming for PhD at LASA in robotics...I saw you do robotics too!
Which lab are you in??

Unknown said...

hi,

thnx for the info !!

i will apply for my VISA as soon as i ll get my official letter for masters.But in student visa section,it is mentioned that i need to book return ticket also to india.hows that possible.May be i ll be placed somewhere or i ll continue my phd after masters?

vvcm said...

Hello.. your information was really helpful. I am coming down to laussane on aug 3rd week. I have just got a temporary accommodation for one month. Is it possible to get a place within a month? Please share your suggestion.

Looking forward. Thank you!

Regards

The Piano Man said...

Hi Rammohan,

I am applying to EPFL in the CS Department this coming Fall. Your blog was quite helpful in providing a feel of what it is to be like in EPFL. Can you also help us with a breakup of the living expenses per month ? I had gone through some other pages which provide similar info but they differ by a margin.